1 or 2 hours a month
Can be carried out at home
The aim of this role is to help SCC develop better online services for the residents of Somerset and so improve their lives.
As a volunteer you will be at the centre of helping SCC to shape, design and create on-line digital customer services that meet the needs of our customers. Volunteers can choose their level of involvement from the following activities:
• Help to design new on-line services
• Testing new on-line services
• Review websites and other digital solutions
• Support Somerset residents to have a voice in shaping future services
• Being part of a focus group to discuss what works and where improvements are needed
• Taking part in projects to develop digital solutions
• Help with awareness, training and adoption of new on-line services in communities
You do not have to be good at technology to volunteer for this role. All abilities are welcome. The role will allow volunteers to ensure that SCC’s digital offer is an excellent online digital experience. You could be given an opportunity to work as part of a team and meet new people.
Volunteering hours are flexible, as volunteers can choose which activities they undertake. Digital Volunteering can be carried out at the volunteer’s convenience, other opportunities may take place during the week, weekends or evenings.
Volunteers should be prepared to give 1 or 2 hours a month